- For the comfort and safety of our animals and guests, Elmwood Park Zoo is a smoke-free environment.
- Please do not throw objects, tap or bang on exhibit glass, as this might frighten or excite the animals.
- Our animals are on special diets which our keepers prepare daily; please do not feed our animals any outside food. Animals in the petting barn may only be fed the food pellets that may be purchased in that area.
- For the health of our animals, only certified Service Animals are permitted within the Zoo.
- Help keep the zoo clean! Please dispose of trash in the appropriate containers. We also ask that you kindly refrain from climbing on trees or rocks, picking the flowers or otherwise disturbing the landscape.
- Any guest who behaves inappropriately or dangerously, uses inappropriate language, attempts to lean over, climb or cross an exhibit barrier, enters a restricted area of the zoo, engages in horseplay or other conduct that may be harmful to our animals or guests may be asked to exit the zoo immediately without refund.
- Please keep in mind, some of our animals may be off exhibit during your visit for various reasons; Elmwood Park Zoo does not offer refunds or rain check for this or inclement weather.